Sunday, December 18, 2011

R.F. BLAISDELL CHINOOKS, SOUTH PASADENA, CA U.S.A.

And so speaking of handsome Chinooks with gorgeous coats...this beloved has been staring at me from out of my archives for days now.  And yet I personally HAVEN'T A CLUE who the breeder is, nor the epoch in which R.F. Blaisdell procured their Chinooks! 

So can others yet advise exact historic era of this dog & reported companions at Blaisdell's 'Only Chinooks in Southern California'?--
Perry Greene?
Lombard/Walden?
(I don't know that Seeley's ever sold multiple Chinooks, if any?)
Walden/pre BAE II?

My GUESS is, this is a Greene bred dog, likely near descendant of the Lombard/Walden dogs.  So maybe 1940s, I dare guess?

But for the COAT on this dog too, it could also have stepped right off the BAE II boat with Walden too, for all I know. 

Anyway, since Chinook folk were having a 'coat' discussion today, I decided this dog was indeed 'speaking to me', even though I'm wholly uncertain what it is he/she may also yet have to say about South Pasadena, CA Chinooks of old too now?!

Maybe this unID'd dog is also meant to become a good 'winter project' for one or more of today's California breeders too then.  I just wanted you all to know how apparently, there were indeed once proud Chinooks in South Pasadena too, and at least one of them had one hellova coat, aye! :)

So obviously, I can't date this item either, as there is NO date on this original item as scanned, nor mention of breeder or source kennels.  No mention even of the publication this ad was run in.  

Maybe someone with courage in CA can yet pick up the tele & dial--
'Colorado 6052'
and see who answers?!  Woof!  Another GHOST from Chinook Christmas Past then, for your enjoyment! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

In particular, I'd like to encourage comments on these items from other breeders, owners, and lovers of Chinook Sleddogs that may also have first hand and/or anecdotal knowledge to add. Hereby creating an informal, online portal for sharing of more Chinook Sleddog history.